I have heard Iphone X, Filmic Pro & Sure MV88 are not compatible. Any solutions b4 I upgrade? I am currently using a 6s w/ Filmic Pro & external mic.
I am hesitant to upgrade to the Iphone X because of several forums stating there are issues with the Iphone X and MV88. Assuming the issue with MV88 & Apple is resolved....Does anyone know if the MV88 App will record audio while Filmic Pro is recording? - I am fine with syncing the audio in post production as long as there actually is a way to get good video AND audio on the Iphone X. Anyone successfully tackled these issues?
4 Answers from the Community
Just click on Filmic Pro's Library, then back to shooting mode, and you have sound. Better than unplugging and replugging the mic.
- Answered by Adrian T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The MV88 is not compatible with my iPhone 8 using Filmic Pro. I actually found this question while searching if anyone else had this problem. I have the Rode Mini and it works fine when I plug it in with a TRRS adapter. But the MV88 does not work when I plug it into the lightning port and I run Filmic Pro. It works with the regular iPhone camera video, but not Filmic Pro. Filmic Pro recognizes the device-- I looked under the audio tab in settings and it says that the Shure MV88 is attached....but it doesn't record any sound at all. If anyone knows a workaround I'd love to hear about it.
- Answered by Stuart T from East Brunswick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
My experience has been mixed. Sometimes the sound does not correspond to the video.
- Answered by Mark R from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I had a similar problem, but it totally works. Just unplug and replug the Shure. Also confirm with the level indicators. You'll notice the lines moving when it is right.
- Answered by Joseph K from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can I use an external boom mic with headphones AND an external battery.
- Asked by Jess H from Henderson
- 1 Nov 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use an external boom mic with headphones AND an external battery.
Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen)
- Asked by Michael T from Hastings
- 14 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen)
No answers yet