Will this still work for the Gen 2/3 Apple TV's? It looks like the height is flexible, but I'm not sure.
2 Answers from the Community
I forgot I asked this question. I ended up buying this for my Gen 4, but instead, used it for my Gen 3. IR works fairly well by reflecting off surfaces, so I put this on the back of my tv near the top and now I just point my Apple remote at the ceiling above the TV.
- Answered by Kevin Z from Grimsby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
previous versions of Apple Tv's utilised remote controls that operated "line of sight", so basically if the remote couldn't see the black box, it didn't work. If you stick you 2/3 gen Apple TV box to the back of your TV, your gen 2/3 remote won't work.
There are of course ways around this problem with i.r. transmitters, but it becomes complicated and potentially adding to the clutter and untidy cables. : )
- Answered by Glen S from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?
- Asked by Karen W from Collierville
- 10 Oct, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
How flexible is the cable?
- Asked by James L from Upland
- 27 Oct, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How flexible is the cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)