Can the 4k Ultrafine ‘pivot’ ? i.e. can it be used in ‘Portrait’ mode ? does the stand support pivoting 90 degrees ?
I’m thinking of a 3 external display setup (4K & 5K LG Ultrafine) arranged as follows:
One 4k display in the centre (Pivoted to Portrait) with 5K’s (Landscape) on either side.
One 5k (landscape) in the centre with 4K’s (portrait) on either side
Thanks in advance
2 Answers from the Community
No. This display cannot pivot on its included stand. There is a VESA mount included, however, if you want to mount to a wall or supply your own stand.
- Answered by Paul C from West Chester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, the supplied stand does not allow 'pivot' to Portrait, probably using a VESA desk or wall mount you probably could pivot.
I think rotating the image 90 degrees is easy enough, just the stand does not allow rotation to 90 deg. So you would need to remove the supplied stand, replace it with the supplied VESA cover and buy a VESA desk-mount or wall-mount kit. that should work.
Still waiting for my macbook pro 15", so can't plug it in and test it 'till the macbook arrives 'boo-hoo'.
Bigger picture, I want 1 x 5k Ultrafine LG (whenever I can order it ?), with 2 x 4k Ultrafine LG, one of the 4K's in landscape and one in Portrait.
Will revert when I receive the macbook pro 15", and again when I (can order, and get) the 5K LG Ultrafine
- Answered by Buba C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the magnetic charger pivot within the dock?
- Asked by Scott G from Charlotte
- 19 Nov, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magnetic charger pivot within the dock?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
Will this adapter allow me successfully display a late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro (HDMI output) on a LG UltraFine 4K monitor (USB-C input)?
- Asked by Dairien B from Chula Vista
- 19 Nov, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me successfully display a late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro (HDMI output) on a LG UltraFine 4K monitor (USB-C input)?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can you use the stand in portrait view
- Asked by Peggy R from Wellington
- 18 Sep, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the stand in portrait view)
- Asked about: LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad mini 3