Anyone know how to adjust the brightness of this display using the MacBook Pro Touchbar?
In the past, I was able to adjust my display using a modifier key, but I've tried many combinations and I can only get the touchbar to control the MBP's screen brightness.
- Asked by Damon H from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Anyone know how to adjust the brightness of this display using the MacBook Pro Touchbar?)
3 Answers from the Community
Anton, thanks for your answer.
The key is discovering the 'more' panel hidden under the "<" caret, where the discrete brightness buttons are hidden. The 'Control' key indeed works on those buttons.
I actually spoke at length with both Apple and LG support. Apple confirmed this is a known issue (as of writing) and also offered the acceptable solution you also suggested until they get around to a more elegant software fix.
I can see a future where the whole keyboard is an oled touchpad that changes on context. Then we could having a separate slider for each monitor!
- Answered by Damon H from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Use control modifier key and use brightness buttons (not slider) in touch bar.
- Answered by Anton B from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Go to System Preferences → Displays. There you will find a software brightness slider.
Would certainly be useful to have this in the Touch Bar, though.
- Answered by Ajay B from Mclean
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?
- Asked by Matthew G from Denver
- 13 Nov, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…
Does it work with USB C and adapters?
- Asked by Baramy V from Amarillo
- 5 Feb, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with USB C and adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet