Does this monitor automatically charging the MBP while connected via Thunderbolt? I wonder if this would be bad for battery life.
Due to the assumption that is it not good for battery life when the MBP will be charged the whole time while connected to the monitor, I would expect the possibility to switch off the charging function. Am I right?
1 Answer from the Community
Most current devices that use Lithium-ion batteries have very advanced circuitry and software to manage both charging and discharging for both safety and performance issues. The MBP is not a cordless vac using Ni-Cd batteries that have "memory effect" and deteriorate over a short product life. There is no need to be concerned about how the charging affects battery performance or life.
- Answered by John L from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this charge automatically?
- Asked by Jennifer C from Fort Mill
- 10 Sep, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charge automatically?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…
No answers yet
Could it be this adpater is responsible for faster MBP battery drain?
- Asked by Pascal D from Merelbeke
- 24 Sep, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Could it be this adpater is responsible for faster MBP battery drain?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
1) Will using your MacBook Air/Pro while charging them damage the battery?
- Asked by Martin T from San Jose
- 4 Oct, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (1) Will using your MacBook Air/Pro while charging them damage the battery?)
- Asked about: Mac