Does this work at 5k over one USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) with new mid-2017 27" 5k iMac?
2 Answers from the Community
I found this Apple support page (Google HT207448 - since Apple doesn't even let you link to their own pages here) which has been updated to include info on 2017 iMac (says page was updated 2 days before my original question, but I didn't find the page or didn't see the info on 2017 iMac on the 9th.)
Also, for anyone wondering, the LG Screen Manager software is NOT required. Only need it if you want the features provided, or want to update the firmware on the monitor. I've now been using the 2017 5K iMac with the LG 5K monitor for about a week and still haven't installed the LG Screen Manager app.
- Answered by David K from Pontiac
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I did install it on my MAC and your assumptions are correct.
- Answered by Peter K from Fallbrook
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with "iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)" and support 5K resolution through existing iMac's Thunderbolt 2?
- Asked by Nader B from North Grafton
- 4 Dec, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with "iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)" and support 5K resolution through existing iMac's Thunderbolt 2?)
Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?
- Asked by Alexandre B from Bruichladdich
- 22 Jun, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
will this work for the new 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display?
- Asked by Vincent S from Austin
- 23 Jul, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work for the new 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…