How do I access the video remotely?
- Asked by Nilesh P from Ascot
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I access the video remotely?)
4 Answers from the Community
Per the D-Link datasheet (but applies to all HomeKit cameras).
“Remote access requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) with Apple TV software 10.1 or later, or an iPad with iOS 10.1 or later to act as a hub
If using iPad as a hub, it must be connected to the same network as the camera at time of access”
- Answered by Ian K from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
So long the camera is powered on and has WiFi connectivity (obviously), you can check the live feed remotely (i.e: when you are not connected to the same WiFI network) with the Home app or the Omna app.
For this to work remotely, you will need an Apple TV running tvOS 10.1 or higher or an iPad running iOS 10.1 or higher.
I have it working remotely with an iPad set-up as a Home hub.
Here is how to do it: Apple Support article HT207057
And have a look at the D-Link Support page for the DSH-C310.
- Answered by Togatta I from Diamond Bar
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Using the native Home app or the OMNA app from the App Store on your phone or iPad.
- Answered by John P from Marriottsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Using the Home app from Apple.
- Answered by Rod C from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can i remote access a airport time capsule???
- Asked by Darren M
- 12 Jun, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i remote access a airport time capsule???)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
is the cable (remote) white or black?,
- Asked by Alexis H from Waipa
- 26 Aug, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (is the cable (remote) white or black?,)
- Asked about: Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headpho…