Can the morphie powerstation be charged using the USB to lightning connector from a Dell Laptop?
- Asked by Rocky M from Oklahoma City
- Flag as inappropriate Can the morphie powerstation be charged using the USB to lightning connector from a Dell Laptop?
2 Answers from the Community
You should not charge the Mophie Powerstation USB-C XXL from the USB-A(3.0) port of your Dell laptop. The XXL needs 2.4A or more to charge and the USB-A port puts out only 1.5A. If your Dell laptop is a USB-C model, you could charge the XXL from USB-C to USB-C (In this situation you must press and hold the powerstation battery's status button for 2 seconds. The battery's status LEDs will flash toward the left to indicate that the battery is receiving a charge). Ideally, you should charge the XXL from a USB-C charging source. If your Dell is USB-C, your laptop would have come with one of these. If not, USB-C charging bricks are inexpensive through Apple or Anker. You could also charge from a USB-A(3.0) charging block (these come with iPhones, Android phones, and iPads). Just to clarify, you said 'lightning' in you question; there are no lightning cables or lightning ports anywhere in this process. The XXL comes with two cables: USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A(3.0)
- Answered by Craig S from Poughkeepsie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The power station does not receive power from a lightning connector.
- Answered by Chris B from Bowen Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use an Apple 61W USB-C power adapter to charge the Powerstation, or will the higher wattage damage the Powerstation?
- Asked by Robert B from Lexington
- 1 Dec 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use an Apple 61W USB-C power adapter to charge the Powerstation, or will the higher wattage damage the Powerstation?
Can I use these with my Dell laptop at work?
- Asked by Kevin F from Columbus
- 8 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use these with my Dell laptop at work?