Will this case cause the computer to overheat and or make the fan work too hard? Also, will the added weight make the screen’s hinge wear out faster?
2 Answers from the Community
I agree with the previous response. It was a concern I had before purchasing but I've used it for more than a month and had no problem whatsoever with heat regardless of the mode, battery or charging.
- Answered by David B from Etobicoke
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, because there are slots in the case which align with the ventilation slots in the MacBook (see photo of underside). I would think it very unlikely it would affect the hinge because the case is very lightweight. I take the inclusion of any product in the Apple Store as an endorsement by Apple.
- Answered by Jason P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can this hard shell case cause the computer to overheat?
- Asked by Elizabeth L from Broadview Hts
- 7 Aug, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can this hard shell case cause the computer to overheat?)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…
Does the case make your phone feel heavier than what it is?
- Asked by Aniah G from Wahiawa
- 15 Oct, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the case make your phone feel heavier than what it is?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Evo Gem Case for iPhone 8/7
Will this cover make it easier to hold an iPad?
- Asked by John H from Sherborn
- 1 Feb, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cover make it easier to hold an iPad?)
- Asked about: iPad Smart Cover - Charcoal Grey
No answers yet