Can the Blackmagic eGPU paired with a 13 MacBook Pro power 2 LG ultra 5k monitors? I am currently limited to one LG5k monitor with the 13 MacBook Pro
2 Answers from the Community
No, the 13 inch only supports 1 5k monitor, it only has 1 thunderbolt 3 bus even with the EGPU it only uses the same thunderbolt 3 bus if you wanted 2 5k monitors you should have got a 15 inch MacBook pro.
- Answered by Paul K from Pelican Waters
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can only connect to 1 LG ultra 5k monitor with the eGPU since there will only be 1 USB-C port available to use after plugging the eGPU to a mac via USB-C. However, you can plug a 2nd monitor via HDMI. Keep in mind though HDMI to USB-C doesn't exist and HDMI can only do up to 4k resolution for now.
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use this cable to connect my MacBook pro with LG 5k Display?
- Asked by Tanvir Y from Abu Dhabi
- 17 Apr, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this cable to connect my MacBook pro with LG 5k Display?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) Cable (0.8 m)
Could this adaptor allow me to connect a 2015 MacBook Pro to a new LG 5K 27" Thunderbolt 3 display? And support sound output to the display's speaker?
- Asked by Jason O from Northcote
- 28 Oct, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could this adaptor allow me to connect a 2015 MacBook Pro to a new LG 5K 27" Thunderbolt 3 display? And support sound output to the display's speaker?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…