What is the difference between this the Velop Intelligent Mesh system and the Velop Whole Home system aside from cost?
2 Answers from the Community
This particular model is an AC1300 dual-band unit which, based on the “advertised speeds” wifi standard means the single 2.4GHz channel should be able to hand 400mbps total traffic (so 4 devices all streaming at once would get 100mbps each, best case scenario) while the single 5GHz channel should be able to handle 867mbps total traffic at a shorter range with reduced signal as distance extends or the more obstacles/walls so at 150ft / 50m range from the router you will likely have better signal and speed from the 2.4GHz channel. The “Whole Home” system gives you value for money as it uses an additional 5GHz channel (tri-band = 2 x 5GHz and 1 x 2.4GHz) so it can not only handle more 5Ghz traffic but also communicate with other nodes quicker via back channel with less congestion. If you have a larger home the additional 5GHz channel will not give you more range over the single 2.4GHz channel so consider adding a second node to get 5GHz speeds everywhere (but make sure your devices can actually use 5GHz).
- Answered by Chris S from Morayfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I checked the Linksys web-site and it appears the Whole Home system is tri-band, while the Intelligent Mesh is dual-band. The tri-band may give more speed with multiple devices.
- Answered by Mark S from Fort Worth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I install an intermediate switcher between the modem and the linksys Velop WIFI system
- Asked by Grigoriy L from Portland
- 9 Sep 2019
- Flag as inappropriate can I install an intermediate switcher between the modem and the linksys Velop WIFI system
I am looking to add the velop mesh system to my home. Do I need to buy a different router or will the router I currently have be sufficient?
- Asked by Aaron B from Parkville
- 26 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate I am looking to add the velop mesh system to my home. Do I need to buy a different router or will the router I currently have be sufficient?
How would you connect a stereo amplifier to a Velop system?
- Asked by John N from Cottonwood Heights
- 6 Jul 2019
- Flag as inappropriate How would you connect a stereo amplifier to a Velop system?