Can my existing Apple Expresses connect to the Orbi wifi to enable sound from my MacBook Air/iTunes, iPhone or Apple TV 4k to play through my hi-fi?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can connect Apple Airport Express base stations to Orbi WiFi systems by "joining a wireless network" during setup and choosing Orbi SSID. Then they will be available for Airplay on your network. If possible I would connect the Airport Express with an Ethernet cable rather than joining wirelessly, but I have them successfully setup wirelessly on my Orbi WiFi. I'm using 2nd generation Airport Express. Not sure how well the earlier ones work.
- Answered by Thomas M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
From what I can gather this should work, but I have no experience using this setup. According to Wikipedia; “When connected to an Ethernet network, the Express can function as a wireless access point. The current model allows up to 50 networked users. It can be used as an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge under certain wireless configurations. It can be used to extend the range of a network, AND/OR as a printer and audio server. The model introduced in June 2012 includes two Ethernet ports: one WAN and one LAN.” With the RBK23 (this product) the router and both satellites each have an Ethernet port for peripherals (the router has two Ethernet ports but one is for connecting to the Internet). From what is written on Wikipedia, it should be possible to connect the Express(es) to the router or satellite(s) using Ethernet or WiFi, thus keeping the functionality of the Express(es) when set up correctly.
- Answered by Iain C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can the digital AV adapter be used to play music through tv From my iPhone for surround sound?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 8 Jun 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Can the digital AV adapter be used to play music through tv From my iPhone for surround sound?
Is this Velop mesh Wi-Fi router compatible with other Wi-Fi devices besides Apple?
- Asked by Dane J from Greenville
- 26 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Is this Velop mesh Wi-Fi router compatible with other Wi-Fi devices besides Apple?
Is WiFi necessary to screen share from my phone
- Asked by Dustin M from Vancouver
- 25 Dec 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Is WiFi necessary to screen share from my phone
No answers yet