What Cable is required to connect new MacPro to an NEC PA271W monitor?
I'm planning to connect the new Mac Pro (Late 2013) and NEC PA271W display. The NEC Display has two DVI-D Dual Link ports and one DisplayPort while the new MacPro as Thunderbolt Ports. What Cable/Cable Adapter combination do I need to connect them?
- Asked by Debbie C from Mill Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (What Cable is required to connect new MacPro to an NEC PA271W monitor?)
2 Answers from the Community
The solution to this problem is to connect the "Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual -link DVI Adapter" Apple part number MB571Z/A to the Mac Pro. Then connect a DVI Dual link cable and USB cable to the female end of the Apple Adapter. The Dual Link DVI and USB cable are them connected to the monitor. Re boot open Display system preferences and you should be able to select 2560X1440 resolution for the monitor.
Note be sure NOT to use Thunderbolt Port 0 if you are using an HDMI cable to another monitor at the same time.
- Answered by Dan H from Loveland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have that exact same problem too. NEC display not working to full resolution with new mac pro! Thunderbolt to DVi adapter, I have apple's one, and still send mazing of 1600x1200, even thou the display take resolution up to 2550
- Answered by Christine D from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use this cable to connect a New MacPro Thunderbolt 2 port to an Asus monitor using its DisplayPort 1.2 port?
- Asked by Richard D from Kensal Green
- 25 Feb, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to connect a New MacPro Thunderbolt 2 port to an Asus monitor using its DisplayPort 1.2 port?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
What do I need to have to connect 2- 24" monitors to a new mac pro?
- Asked by Carlos R from Omaha
- 27 Nov, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to have to connect 2- 24" monitors to a new mac pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…