Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?
I bought one thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and one Mini Display Port to DVI adapter. But there is only one thunderbolt on Mac Air. How can I connect an extra monitor as well as Ethernet?
2 Answers from the Community
USB to Ethernet adapter is my cheaper solution than a Thuderbolt dock.
- Answered by Stasa M from Bloomington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You need a device like the Elgato Thunderbolt 2 Dock.
It will give you a pass-through Thunderbolt port, along with Gigabit Ethernet, 3-USB3 ports, audio and HDMI. If you could drive your external monitor with an HDMI connection, you could get this hub and return both adapters you bought.
- Answered by Frank D from Stony Point
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Jacques C from Riverside
- 4 Jul, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two mac air be hard wired on a thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
For Mac air how do you connect to second screen
- Asked by Beth H M from Charlotte
- 6 Nov, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (For Mac air how do you connect to second screen)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter