is it an active adapter
Becouse i got a Radeon HD 5970 and it has a mini display port connection but i only have screens that are DVI. and AMD says that the adapter must be active
- Asked by Greg C from Albury
- Flag as inappropriate (is it an active adapter)
1 Answer from the Community
As long as you have a USB fly-lead on the adapter it should be active. If considering higher refresh rates (120Hz and up) please be aware of max pixel clock of this adapter (270MHz as far as I have been able to confirm). There are 330MHz adapter available from some manufacturers.
- Answered by Espen B from Point Frederick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this a passive or active adapter?
- Asked by Phillip J from Baton Rouge
- 12 Mar, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a passive or active adapter?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
No answers yet
What is this cable's thickness in AWG? 36AWG? Is this is an "Active" HDMI cable?
- Asked by Kazumichi S from 川崎市幸区
- 12 Nov, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What is this cable's thickness in AWG? 36AWG? Is this is an "Active" HDMI cable?)
- Asked about: Belkin Ultra-thin HDMI Cable (5 m/1…