Is it possible to link 2 extra monitors to my macbook pro? One monitor is VGA and the other is DVI and I would like to connect them both.
I bought a splitter cable that splits the dvi signal into two outputs -one VGA and one DVI output but only one of the connected monitors pick up the signal when they are both plugged in, the other one says no signal and then goes to sleep.
1 Answer from the Community
to connect two displays to your macbook pro you'll need something like a matrox dualhead2go (google it). be careful which one you get, if you have the macbook pro with a dvi out then you'll need the Digital Edition, if you have a the model with the mini displayport you'll need the DP edition. cablewise for the DP edition you'll need a mini displayport to displayport, and two displayport to [your monitor's connection]. the digital edition has a dvi input and 2x dvi outputs.
- Answered by Michael N from Norman
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
With the release of the new Macbook Pro with 2-4 USB-C ports. Can you use two of these adapters for dual monitors?
- Asked by Steven J from Lenexa
- 28 Feb, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (With the release of the new Macbook Pro with 2-4 USB-C ports. Can you use two of these adapters for dual monitors?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
How many monitors can I connect to this connector?
- Asked by Cosmin I from Sequim
- 21 Dec, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I connect to this connector?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
How can I connect two VGA monitors to my macbook pro for simultaneous use? ?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- 22 Dec, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect two VGA monitors to my macbook pro for simultaneous use? ?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter