Will this cable adapter allow me to connect my late 2008 Macbook Pro, 15inch, to an Asus PB278Q 27inch monitor? Flawlessly?
I am trying to upgrade my monitor, coming from an ages old 21inch Acer.
1 Answer from the Community
I am pretty sure it will but it is a very expensive way of doing it. I recently purchased a Philips 27" 2560 x 1440 screen and was on the point of buying one of these connectors to get the 2560 x 1440 resolution working from my mid-2009 15" MacBook Pro. In the end I realised that if I connected the 3.5 mm sound jack connector and the USB connector from the MacBook to the screen (both of which came with the screen) all I would need in addition was a Mini-Display Port to Display Port connector to complete the connection. In the UK, I managed to buy a StarTech MDP to DP connector for £8 which is a lot less than the £85 Apple charges for the MDP to Dual-Link DVI adapter.
The key point to check is that the third party screen has a Display Port input. It looks as if the Asus PB278Q does.
- Answered by Robert W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Daniel T from Amityville
- 8 Dec, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
Will this work with my Macbook Pro 15 inch Early 2011?
- Asked by Kat H from Oshawa
- 30 Nov, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my Macbook Pro 15 inch Early 2011?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter