I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?
- Asked by Juliana P from North Bend
- Flag as inappropriate (I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?)
2 Answers from the Community
You will need to acquire the then optional eMac Airport Extreme card; it fits into the expansion slot in your eMac. It is only 54Mbit/s, so don't expect to take full advantage of the speed of this base station.
Alternatively, you can use a standard Wi-Fi USB stick. A modern USB wifi stick will work with the Airport Express Base Station but you will need to make sure it is also compatible with your computer.
- Answered by Emmanuel M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. You will need this Airport Express Base Station to receive the wifi signal from your router, so that you can have your e-mac running in a different room in the house away from your router without long lines of ethernet cords everywhere.
- Answered by Jeffrey H from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I combine two wifi routers
- Asked by William S from Katy
- 16 Oct, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I combine two wifi routers)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick
- Asked by Eric P from Beverly Hills
- 12 Jun, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme