Will this connect my Humax PVR which has Ethernet capability to my internet-ready TV when my wireless router is on a different floor in my house?
i want to use my TV's internet setting and Humax PVR's ethernet capability to be able to get iPlayer etc on my TV freeview directly. I have to ethernet connect the PVR to my router but it is on a different floor. Will this device do it by connecting to my wireless network? (If not, what kit would?)
I tried Powerline connectors but they did not connect to my mac wireless network (was told my Timecapsule firewall was blocking access, although the powelines 'found' each other)
1 Answer from the Community
It will with the Humax PVR. I've just connected mine, and it's works just fine. Not sure about the TV though - I guess if it's wireless, then you would already have it connected. If it's wired, then the AP only has one Ethernet port, so you would need another AP?
- Answered by Phil S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will these work in a house with internal concrete walls?
- Asked by John B from Blackburn
- 16 May 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these work in a house with internal concrete walls?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole-Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
Can i watch iTunes films on my hd ready tv.
- Asked by Mark S from London
- 1 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch iTunes films on my hd ready tv.)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
No answers yet
Can I use this adaptor with my universal dock and remote , which is connected to my TV via the digital connector with HDMI cable.
- Asked by I S
- 1 Oct 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adaptor with my universal dock and remote , which is connected to my TV via the digital connector with HDMI cable.)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter