Does a component cable work with a composite tv
I have a composite tv and I am getting the component cables. Is there anyway that the component cables will work on a composite T.V please say there is !!!!
1 Answer from the Community
Technically, No. Component video is output via 3 colors (thus, 3 cables). A composite tv video input is only 1 cable (yellow). I think there are 3rd party conversion cables that accept component input to composite video output. Otherwise, just returnyour component cable to the shop and swop it for the composite one!
- Answered by Jeff C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i use the mac to display to 2 tv's? one is component and the other is only composite
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- 1 Dec, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the mac to display to 2 tv's? one is component and the other is only composite)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Will this work with my 30-pin composite cable to hook my iPhone 5 up to my TV?
- Asked by Christine B from Chestertown
- 17 Nov, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my 30-pin composite cable to hook my iPhone 5 up to my TV?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter