Will the av/usb composite cable allow me to use my iPhone as GPS and display it on Ford's mytouch screen through the av hub?
1 Answer from the Community
I don't know if you are still looking for an answer to this question but - the Apple a/v cable is VERY LIMITED in what it will allow your mobile device to do. That is, it allows for slideshows of you pictures and let's you view videos stored on the device. It MAY allow you to view YouTube clips, but often not. It MAY let you view tv streaming services but probably not (in my experience). It DOES NOT allow screen mirroring I.e. Showing your device screen on a tv, or in your case an automobile screen system. It WILL allow the playing of audio material from most sources, just no picture. 'Suck it and see I'm afraid.
- Answered by Tony F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this adaptor compatable with the composite av cable?
- Asked by Abigail S from Ravenna
- 25 Mar, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this adaptor compatable with the composite av cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- 21 Jun, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter