Is it worth me connecting this adapter to my (unused) thunderbolt port on my current iMac to give me better speeds over my Cat6 Ethernet cable?
2 Answers from the Community
Your current iMac should already have gigabit Ethernet installed in it. So using this Gigabit Thunderbolt adapter shouldn't increase your speed since both are still using Gigabit Ethernet. Based on reviews from other sites it might actually be slightly slower than the built in Ethernet and use more CPU power.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Thanks Tyler. Had I looked closely enough I probably could have found the answer for myself. But, it's good to hear it from someone with a decent knowledge base! Cheers.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
So this will connect to a modem/router and give me wifi?
- Asked by Mitchell H from Sydney
- 4 Nov 2015
- Flag as inappropriate So this will connect to a modem/router and give me wifi?
Would this adapter allow me to use my Thunderbolt 2 - gigabit ethernet adapter or is there a Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapter?
- Asked by Martin C from Auckland
- 28 Oct 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Would this adapter allow me to use my Thunderbolt 2 - gigabit ethernet adapter or is there a Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapter?
Will this adaptor enable me to connect my 13" retina Macbook pro to my VGA projector? ie, will the cable work with the thunderbolt port?