Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
1 Answer from the Community
I seen your post and tried it out because I was curious as well about this. I have a maxed out 2011 iMac with a Digi003 Factory Console. I switched from my native Firewire port and used the adapter to go thunderbolt. I launched a Pro Tools session and received a "hardware buffer underflow" error message every time i tried to playback and no matter how high I set the playback engine buffer sample it still occurred. I switched back to my native port and problem solved, everything was back to normal. I hope this helps.
- Answered by Dominick C from Simpsonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can promise pegasus2 support MacBook Pro without thunderbolt?
- Asked by Bill W from Hong Kong
- 20 Oct, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can promise pegasus2 support MacBook Pro without thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R6 18TB (6 x 3TB) …
Will this drive two daisy chained Apple Thunderbolt Displays if connected to a 2017 27" iMac?
- Asked by Kenneth H from La Jolla
- 13 Jul, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this drive two daisy chained Apple Thunderbolt Displays if connected to a 2017 27" iMac?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
What adapter do I need to connect a Cintiq to a new iMac?
- Asked by James R from New York
- 24 Oct, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What adapter do I need to connect a Cintiq to a new iMac?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter