How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?
I've just bought a Thunderbolt external drive to use with my iMac 2007. The only connection that comes with the drive is a Thunderbolt cable. How do I connect the drive to the Mac? is there a Thunderbolt to Firewire or to USB connector?
1 Answer from the Community
Thunderbolt is not backwards compatible at all because it is basically a revised mini display port that can also do hi speed data and other things. My point is that this technology will not work with old technology. So unfortunately there is no way to do what you are trying to do, sorry :( The best way I can explain it would be to compare it to trying to put a floppy disk into a cd drive.....it just doesn't work :P
- Answered by Jonathan D from Gilbert
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Trying to connect my LaCie 5Big RAID (Thunderbolt 2) to my new iMac Pro (Thunderbolt 3).
- Asked by Steve M from Bethesda
- 17 Aug, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Trying to connect my LaCie 5Big RAID (Thunderbolt 2) to my new iMac Pro (Thunderbolt 3).)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Is this G-drive bootable through a Thunderbolt connection?
- Asked by Jonathan S from Victoria
- 23 Oct, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this G-drive bootable through a Thunderbolt connection?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 500GB G-DRIVE mobile S…
Can i connect an external DVR hard drive (from a CCTV system) into a 2015 new Imac using the thunderbolt?
- Asked by Geoff A
- 7 Aug, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect an external DVR hard drive (from a CCTV system) into a 2015 new Imac using the thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …