Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???
Somehow the magnetic head of my 85W (model A1222) power adapter tore. It will charge but I have to jiggle it a bit to stay. I was hoping the MagSafe 2 converter would fit this particular portal.
2 Answers from the Community
No, that won't work. The converter only connects the fatter, shorter "old" style mag safe connector to the newer, thinner "new" style.
Breakage of the type that you described is common. Apple has some kind of special campaign -- google "apple magsafe replacement" and the link -- to Apple's support website, which link I am not allowed to paste into this message -- will be displayed.
- Answered by Kevin W from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
this adaptor is so the older magsafe chargers work with the new macs. If you have an 2008 computer it has magsafe so you have to get an magsafe charger. They don't make adaptors to convert the new magsafe 2 chargers to magsafe.
- Answered by Owen H from Marshfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have a 17" MacBook Pro from 2008. The built-in DVD/CD player now works only erratically. Will the USB Superdrive work as an external accessory?
- Asked by John K from Arroyo Seco
- 24 Oct, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 17" MacBook Pro from 2008. The built-in DVD/CD player now works only erratically. Will the USB Superdrive work as an external accessory?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Does this unit work with a 17in MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Richard E
- 1 Feb, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this unit work with a 17in MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stan…
Which adapter will connect a 2013-2014 Macbook Pro to a 2006-2008 Apple Monitor?
- Asked by Richard M from Columbia
- 8 Jul, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Which adapter will connect a 2013-2014 Macbook Pro to a 2006-2008 Apple Monitor?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter