Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs
I have a MBP 3.1 (late 2007) and have had issues for the past year with reading DVDs. On researching this I am not alone, and it is not a cleaning issue and I ave ret the PRAM and SMC already !
I was going to bring it in for repair or follow some of the suggestions that are out there, which range from turning the machine on its left side to loosening the mounting brackets and of course replacing it. All come with mixed success.
My strategy in my head would be to buy a USB SuperDrive to use until I buy a new MBP. That way it can be used for my next device in a year or so instead of investing time and money to get this one fixed when I use DVDs rarely but it is annoying when I try to watch or burn them.
1 Answer from the Community
I have a similar model (but late 2006) MBP with the exact issue with no optical discs being read or visible. I stupidly bought this USB Superdrive trusting that it would work. it does not; and I am not the least bit happy about it. I could have spent half the money on another drive that works on everything. BUYER BEWARE - Do your research first; don't assume an Apple device as simple as a USB external CD/DVD writer will work on your Apple device.
- Answered by Pierre S from Kingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro
- Asked by Bernie D from Croydon
- 21 Oct, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Will this work to connect a USB Superdrive to my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Cynthia L from Chicago
- 2 Aug, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work to connect a USB Superdrive to my MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Is this case compatible with a tempered glass screen protector, or will it cause the edges of the screen protector to lift up?
- Asked by Lynnea B from Oakdale
- 27 Apr, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this case compatible with a tempered glass screen protector, or will it cause the edges of the screen protector to lift up?)
- Asked about: Silicone Case for 9.7-inch iPad Pro…