So is this new Superdrive USB 3.0 or 2.0 then? Would like to hope it was 3.0 to match the new specs of the Macbook Pro & Macbook Air?
2 Answers from the Community
Speed is only one factor here. The device is also powered by the USB. My external SuperDrive actually has two separate USB 2 plugs, not for speed, but for enough power to run the device. USB 3 has more power and its more efficient. Playing a DVD consumes a lot of power from the plug, and would be much better with USB 3.
- Answered by Jeffe A from Murphys
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just called MyApple and asked that question. The answer to that question is the USB type-A for this SuperDrive is only 2.0
Apple said that it uses the USB 2.0 but it also uses "regular" USB speed. (Whatever that means, I don't know, but she couldn't explain it any better.)
Too bad. It's now 2019, and I have to buy a PC-brand drive for my iMac to get the speed of 3.0
Hope this answer helps.
- Answered by Cindy R. M from Wolfville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Hello is this USB Adapter 3.0 or 2.0?
- Asked by Lemuel P from Woodbridge
- 18 Dec 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Hello is this USB Adapter 3.0 or 2.0?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
No answers yet
Will this hub be able to daisy chain to another USB 3.0 hub or USB 3.0 switch?
- Asked by Jordan R from Rochester Hills
- 5 Oct 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this hub be able to daisy chain to another USB 3.0 hub or USB 3.0 switch?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB 3.0 4-Port Hub + USB-C C…