Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.
2 Answers from the Community
No, you can't. The Lightning port on this adapter only supports power; it does not allow data connection of any kind. To put it another way, you cannot chain other Lightning adapters to this one.
- Answered by Robert C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can use the apple lightning to 30-pin adapter but it would only support power and not data because the Lightning port beside the hdmi port is only for POWER
- Answered by Darren W from St.andrews
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you connect an iPad 4 lightning connector to a USB midi keyboard? or do you need another adapter?
- Asked by Gary B
- 29 Dec, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect an iPad 4 lightning connector to a USB midi keyboard? or do you need another adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter