Can you switch the output to the TV to portrait? So rather than black bars you can match the iPhone rotation and rotate your TV?
2 Answers from the Community
NO, I wish you could do this! I have spent tones of time, and hours of hacking a Raspberry Pi in order to get this functionality to work and still its horrible.
All Apple has to do is allow the orientation of the apple TV to be changed to vertical and it will be freaking awesome!
if they add this simple feature then they will once again have change everything. people will be able to use apple TV as a signage device. or have vertical TVs as hanging picture frames in your home.
I can not believe they have not add this feature yet!
it is quite frustrating.
PLEASE APPLE ADD VERTICAL PORTRAIT ORIENTATION TO YOUR APPLE TVS!
- Answered by Bryan A from Bakersfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Iam not sure ios have the output monitor orientation display option yet and what do you want to make for.
Meanwhile, here are other way for showing portrait in full/ fit display in your TV:
1. Choose the files that you want to show in portait TV mode.
2. Change/ batch the file and make them rotating clockwise/ counter clockwise orientation.
3. Set the TV; When you made the files with clockwise rotation, rotate youre TV to counter clockwise.
Art & Aperture Design
- Answered by Nong Y from Phuket
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the monitor rotate to the portrait position?
- Asked by Ralph M from Rockaway
- 17 May, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the monitor rotate to the portrait position?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display