Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
1 Answer from the Community
No, unfortinately the adapters can not be daisy chained. The lightning port on the Digital AV adapter only passes power (for the charger). What I would recommend in your case would be an Apple TV and mirror the display using AirPlay so you can use the microphone via Lightning.
- Answered by David H from Madera
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
- Asked by John R
- 28 Mar, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can i acces audio files from a flash drive to my generation 2 ipad with the 30 pin digital AV adapter?
- Asked by Dug M from Medicine Hat
- 3 Sep, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i acces audio files from a flash drive to my generation 2 ipad with the 30 pin digital AV adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter