Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work? 1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port. 2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port. 3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone. With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
1 Answer from the Community
No, unfortinately the adapters can not be daisy chained. The lightning port on the Digital AV adapter only passes power (for the charger). What I would recommend in your case would be an Apple TV and mirror the display using AirPlay so you can use the microphone via Lightning.
- Answered by David H from Madera
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning)
- Asked by Blake N from Marseilles
- 29 May 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning)
I have the Apple Digital AV Adapter is it the Apple Composite AV Cable that i need to buy or something else?
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?