I need to make this longer -- how can I extend the cord length from 20cm?
The pigtail on this cable is short (20cm I believe), which is probably fine if your phone is lying right next to your video monitor, but useless if you need some cordage to place the phone a few feet away. Anyone have any ideas how to lengthen this? I need to install it in my car console and need more cable to plug my phone into.
- Asked by Douglas R from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to make this longer -- how can I extend the cord length from 20cm?)
2 Answers from the Community
You need a lightning extension cable male to female. I bought one on Amazon and it works great and it's 3 feet long. Just make sure you get the gizmo tech one, it is audio and video capable.
- Answered by Derek R from Garden City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is only the adapter. You need to run an HDMI cable from it to your TV, Monitor, Projector, etc.
- Answered by Stephen S from Crystal Lake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how long is the cord and how can you extend the length?
- Asked by Cj S from Ellensburg
- 28 Apr, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the cord and how can you extend the length?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
Do they make a longer cord for charging the Ipad?
- Asked by Brenda H from Bancroft
- 28 Mar, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they make a longer cord for charging the Ipad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (0.5m)