will this cable work to connect 2 thunderbolt ported iMac 27" 3.4 i7 to3.4 i5 to make video connection not mirrored but 1 mouse works both screens
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, it will make one of the iMacs to work as a external display. Just hit Ctrl+F2 on the iMac you want to be the main one.
- Answered by Fabio T from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Control F2 on the mac that will be the slave monitor, also the keyboard and mouse will not work while in this mode on slave iMac, control F2 to deactivate to normal condition both work independently again
- Answered by Dean D from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you use this cable to connect from a pc laptop (HDMI side) to a 2015 27" retina display iMac (thunderbolt side)?
- Asked by Sarah L from Englewood
- 8 Jun, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this cable to connect from a pc laptop (HDMI side) to a 2015 27" retina display iMac (thunderbolt side)?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
What cable do I use to connect my IMac (IMac5,1) to an Olevia flat screen?
- Asked by Sandra I A from Chicago
- 6 Mar, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I use to connect my IMac (IMac5,1) to an Olevia flat screen?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz
- Asked by Michele W from Lewes
- 27 Jan, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB