Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?
I have a Canon Pixma wireless printer that can only connect to WiFi via WPS. I have a Time Capsule 2TB router. I do not see a WPS button on it. Is there a way to trigger the WPS functionality via some other means? In other words: without using a USB cable, because that is connected to my wife's desktop PC, how can I virtually press a WPS button on my Time Capsule to connect the printer to my apple network?
- Asked by Bob R from West Valley City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
1 Answer from the Community
Open the Airport Utility app on your Mac. Click on the Time Capsule that shows connected to the Internet, in the Airport Utility window once it is open. Just click the Time Capsule icon one time. Then on the menu bar click on Base Station and under that menu you will "Add WPS Printer."
- Answered by Aaron S from Independence
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the time capsule be connected to the back usb on the Mac and backup all info?
- Asked by Yvette L from Bayside
- 4 Oct, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule be connected to the back usb on the Mac and backup all info?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
How to Hook up iPad air with cable to printer??
- Asked by Thomas M from Englewood
- 12 Jan, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How to Hook up iPad air with cable to printer??)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter