Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz
I have a late 2013 iMac using OS X 9.5. This is a second computer not my main one which is a PC so I am rusty on mac utilities and hard drives, etc.. Use for editing movies. My 1T start up disk is full. Not sure I know how to use Time Machine - I need extra storage. Is this compatible and do I need anything else? Is it intuitive to use? I want to remove the stored videos and projects off my computer and store on this Time Capsule.
- Asked by Michele W from Lewes
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz)
1 Answer from the Community
You will need an Apple product with the correct specs. to set up the Time Capsule. There's an app for if you own an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. I'm not sure you can do it from your Windows pc also but you will need to download drivers etc. Once you have it up and running you can use it as an network hard drive. Everything is very simple and intuitive if done from a Mac (but with OS X 10.7.5) the specs. are:
Setup and Administration
Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later and AirPort Utility 6.3
iOS device with iOS 6 or later and AirPort Utility 1.3
- Answered by Urban A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What's the compatibility with an iMac?
- Asked by Mr Michael Peter B F
- 9 Sep, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the compatibility with an iMac?)
- Asked about: AirPods
will these work with imac mid-2014?
- Asked by Patricia L from Carmel
- 27 Aug, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (will these work with imac mid-2014?)
- Asked about: EarPods with 3.5mm Headphone Plug
Compatible with a 2017 iMac?
- Asked by Bob B from Los Alamitos
- 13 Jul, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with a 2017 iMac?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU