Does it support DHCP reservation?
DHCP reservation is a feature commonly found on DLINK routers. It means that your router is still assigning the IP addresses dynamically, but you can tell the router to assign certain IP address to certain clients as they join the network. Therefore if you have a shared Network Attached Storage (NAS) and you want to ensure the same IP address every-time it comes up from a reboot, DHCP reservation takes care of this IP "affinity".
I am asking the question because I found this feature to be fairly obscure to the general public, and Router manufacturers rarely tout it as a feature. However, I ended up with a Belkin router that was pretty high-end and did not have DHCP reservation.
- Asked by Alexandru R from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support DHCP reservation?)
1 Answer from the Community
Just received the 2TB Airport Time Capsule (ME177LL/A) and yes, it does support DHCP reservation (via MAC address - not sure there's any other technique).
- Answered by John B from Bullard
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this version still have DHCP Reservation option?
- Asked by Dorian V from Troy
- 13 Nov, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this version still have DHCP Reservation option?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does the LG Ultrafine 5k Display support Apple TV?
- Asked by Mudit B from Delhi
- 29 Oct, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the LG Ultrafine 5k Display support Apple TV?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?
- Asked by Peiyu L from Riverton
- 6 Jun, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…