Will the Magic Trackpad 2 work through the USB/Lightning cable without Bluetooth functionality.
I have a 2008 13" MacBook Aluminum (not a MacBook Pro, but the original aluminum unibody MacBook) that is showing signs of wear. While it still works well enough, some things have given up. The original 250 GB mechanical hard drive was replaced with a 500 GB solid state unit easily enough thanks to the battery and HDD access door on those original unibody MacBooks. However, the trackpad "click" is no longer functional and the unit's Bluetooth hardware no longer works. So, if the Magic Trackpad 2 works via the USB-Lightning cable, it might buy me another year or two with my old die-hard MacBook.
- Asked by Michael A from Fair Oaks
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Trackpad 2 work through the USB/Lightning cable without Bluetooth functionality.)
1 Answer from the Community
I hope you've long since answered this question, but just to confirm (and for future people seeking the same answer), yes, it seems to work just fine.
I just turned off my Bluetooth and my new Magic Trackpad 2 kept working just fine.
- Answered by Liene V from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can these adapters be daisy-chained without loss of functionality?
- Asked by Michael G from Campbell
- 23 Mar, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these adapters be daisy-chained without loss of functionality?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Does it work with the Magic Mouse 2?
- Asked by Cody F from Auburn
- 23 Jan, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the Magic Mouse 2?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
Does this come with the usb / lightning cable?
- Asked by Edmund A
- 2 Jun, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this come with the usb / lightning cable?)
- Asked about: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter