Can you use the Apple Pencil to make notes, fill in forms, and sign documents?
Wondering if the Apple Pencil would be useful to me, would mainly like for note taking, filling in forms & signing documents. Thought it worked on the screen for anything but I'm reading differently in the comments.
- Asked by fn from St Louis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Apple Pencil to make notes, fill in forms, and sign documents?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have very recently bought an iPad Pro 12.9" and an Apple Pencil. My basic aim was to read books and write notes on the book while I read. This is what I have learnt:
1. I had created many documents in Microsoft Word and Pages on my Mac Book Pro and had later saved these in pdf format. I copied these pdf documents to my iPad Pro using AirDrop. When I open these documents in iPad Pro, a circular pencil tip symbol appears in the right upper corner of the document, clicking on which enables me to write on the document with Apple Pencil and my finger as well.
2. I am learning Arabic language and have downloaded some free pdf books and video lectures on the subject. I wanted to take notes on the pdf book while listening to the video. Initially I could not do that. With trial and error, I learnt that if I first make the pdf book 'editable' it was then possible to write on its pages as I have described above in para 1.
3. This is how I converted my pdf book in to an editable document. I opened the pdf book on my Mac Book Pro using 'Preview'. On the top part of the screen, I found a pen tool with an arrow to open a drop-down manue. While I clicked on it, a message appeared that my original document was not editable therefore an editable copy has been created. I was able to locate that copy next to where I had saved the original book. I copied that editable pdf book to my iPad Pro and was delighted to find that it was possible to write on the pages of that book as well.
- Answered by Irfan M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can music stream to MORE THAN TWO homepods simultaneously? Can you fill the house with sound?
- Asked by Michael W from West Hollywood
- 30 Jul, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can music stream to MORE THAN TWO homepods simultaneously? Can you fill the house with sound?)
- Asked about: HomePod
Does this case have an Apple pencil holder?
- Asked by Yumin C from Rathmines
- 22 Jul, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case have an Apple pencil holder?)
- Asked about: Logitech Slim Folio Case with Integ…
How long is the APPLE IPAD PENCIL tip suppose to last? & Will I have to purchase more tips down the road if this product wears out?
- Asked by Alex K from Brentwood
- 9 Jan, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the APPLE IPAD PENCIL tip suppose to last? & Will I have to purchase more tips down the road if this product wears out?)