Does the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adaptor work on an iPad Mini?
- Asked by John T from Goulburn
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adaptor work on an iPad Mini?
2 Answers from the Community
I use an iPad mini 4 and a lightning cable for my charger which I plug into the wall and the camera adapter t Then I take my wire from my camera and plug it into the USB port it works very good you must use the TWO ports on this . It is very fast and transported 300 pictures from my camera to my iPad mini in less than two minutes. This give power to be able to do it. It is worth the 39 dollars
- Answered by Barbara S from Keene
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have successfully connected a Sony XQD card reader to my iPad Mini 4 (running ios 13.1). When I powered the USB3 Camera Adaptor a message popped up that an update was required. Provided me the question to download. I did and was able to copy the files from the XQD card to a subdirectory I had set up in Files. To further test I connected a powered 4-port USB 3.0 hub to the USB3 Camera Adaptor to which I attached the Sony XQD card reader and a Samsung 1TB SSD portable drive. I was able to successfuly move the RAW NEF files from the XQD card/reader and drop them onto the Samsung drive. Note that both the Camera Adaptor and USB hub were running on their own power sources. My assumption is this will work if you update your mini to 13.1. My guess is that an early IOS (earlier than 12?) would allow for importing jpgs, but probably not RAW files, into the standard Apple Photos directory since the Files update I believe came out in IOS 11 or 12.
- Answered by Stephen H from Castro Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the lightning av adaptor work with sky go
- Asked by Andrew J
- 10 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Does the lightning av adaptor work with sky go
No answers yet
Does the Lightning to SD camera reader work with Nikon Cameras?
- Asked by Lewis C
- 30 Jan 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Lightning to SD camera reader work with Nikon Cameras?