Can the iPhone lightning dock be used if your iPhone has a thicker phone case, for example Otterbox cases, or just thin silicon cases?
1 Answer from the Community
I have found that many slim cases even have trouble charging with this dock so I imagine that thicker one will have issues. If your case allows full access to the bottom of the phone, then it'll be fine, but if it has a cutout for the lightning cable, you might want to go in a store first to check it out, or assume that if it's anything heavy duty, it won't work.
- Answered by Tim B from North Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the iPhone XS silicon case compatible with iPhone X?
- Asked by Ran P from Herzliya
- 10 Oct 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iPhone XS silicon case compatible with iPhone X?)
- Asked about: iPhone XS Silicone Case - (PRODUCT)…
Will it still fit in the Lightning Dock?
- Asked by Melody M from Foley
- 14 Dec 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it still fit in the Lightning Dock?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 / 6s Silicone Case - (PROD…
Can it hold an iPhone 7+ in a Otterbox Defender Case?
- Asked by Michael A from Berwyn
- 5 Mar 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it hold an iPhone 7+ in a Otterbox Defender Case?)
- Asked about: DJI OSMO Mobile 2 Gimbal for iPhone