Can the iPhone lightning dock be used if your iPhone has a thicker phone case, for example Otterbox cases, or just thin silicon cases?
1 Answer from the Community
I have found that many slim cases even have trouble charging with this dock so I imagine that thicker one will have issues. If your case allows full access to the bottom of the phone, then it'll be fine, but if it has a cutout for the lightning cable, you might want to go in a store first to check it out, or assume that if it's anything heavy duty, it won't work.
- Answered by Tim B from North Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will it work on phone with otterbox defender case
- Asked by Debbie S from Fuquay-varina
- 19 Apr, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on phone with otterbox defender case)
- Asked about: Belkin Valet Charge Dock for Apple …
Will it still fit in the Lightning Dock?
- Asked by Melody M from Foley
- 14 Dec, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it still fit in the Lightning Dock?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 / 6s Silicone Case - (PROD…
Will this charger work with my 6plus phone with an otterbox case?
- Asked by Patricia R from Laredo
- 25 Feb, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charger work with my 6plus phone with an otterbox case?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White