Can Airpods be found if lost or stolen using your Apple ID using the Find my iPhone app like other Apple devices?
I think these airpod are genius, but with a device that's so small, and not attached to a wire, it could be easy to lose one or both Airpods. I'm sure myself as well as other customers would feel more secure, or safe about spending $159.00 buying something so small if there was some sort of tracking device where you can find them, or play a sound in the case that they were misplaced of stolen.
2 Answers from the Community
AirPods do not have built-in Wifi nor cellular data capabilities, so they probably won't be able to be located using methods like Find my iPhone.
- Answered by Joseph B from Easton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You actually can you find my iPhone to find the AirPods, but on the the ear pieces. You can’t look for the charging case.
- Answered by Rose Y from Shorewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Like the Air pods, apple watch, iPad, and the iPhone its self, is this charging base trackable like from the ‘find my iPhone’ app?
- Asked by Quinlan W from Davenport
- 19 Jul, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Like the Air pods, apple watch, iPad, and the iPhone its self, is this charging base trackable like from the ‘find my iPhone’ app?)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging base