Can you daisy chain thunderbolt 2 drives?
I have a drive with two ports that has another drive with two ports connected and that second drive again another drive. In short: daisy chained drives (one is used as Time Machine drive). All their own power brick). This works fine now, but will the adapter also allow this daisy chain? So one thunderbolt 2 drive will get the adapter and there it will have daisy chained Thunderbolt 2 drives.
Will this work as it works now?
2 Answers from the Community
i tried this with the new Macbook Pro15" w/ touch bar this weekend and 2x Drobo 5D's
Had to return it, going to buy a refurb 2015 Macbook Pro15 instead
- Answered by Matthew C from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I don't have two Thunderbolt 2 devices, but I have used the following chain:
Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter -> OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock -> Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter -> AKiTiO Thunder3 Duo Pro -> Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter.
There is a positive review (dated Dec 2, 2016) in the Apple Store from a person using the Adapter with multiple Thunderbolt 2 drives and displays together.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I daisy chain a thunderbolt 2 drive into the monitor and have one cord from the monitor to my 2016 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Ryan L from Chicago
- 26 Nov, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I daisy chain a thunderbolt 2 drive into the monitor and have one cord from the monitor to my 2016 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Can these be daisy chained in order to run multiple screens?
- Asked by Melvyn H
- 10 Mar, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these be daisy chained in order to run multiple screens?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can this adapter be daisy chained to my computer via a thunderbolt external hard drive?
- Asked by Mark W from San Francisco
- 25 Jan, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be daisy chained to my computer via a thunderbolt external hard drive?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…