Does this allow connecting an Apple Thunderbolt Display to the USB-C port of an Apple MacBook?
3 Answers from the Community
No. The adapter is for Thunderbolt only. The MacBook has USB-C without Thunderbolt.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. MacBook 2015/2016 has no Thunderbolt controller behind its USB-C port.
- Answered by Jesse S from Alpharetta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. Source: apple support document HT207266 "About the compatibility of the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- 18 Sep, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
No answers yet
Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Paul J from Boulder
- 31 Oct, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…