I'm planning on running a Yosemite partition, would Yosemite be backwards compatible with this adapter to connect to TB2 devices?
1 Answer from the Community
The only Macs with Thunderbolt 3 ports is the new MacBook Pro 2016. They came with macOS Sierra, so I don't think they'll run less than that?
There's a document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" that says Sierra is required.
I've seen it work with El Capitan and Sierra on a MacBook Pro 2015 (Thunderbolt 2 ports).
I've also seen it work with El Capitan and Sierra on a PC but those don't have full Thunderbolt 3 support in mac OS (no hot swap, devices must be plugged in before startup, no thunderbolt video, no target disk mode, no target display mode). Those are similar limitations that Windows has running BootCamp on some Macs with Thunderbolt devices.
There's a document HT204154 "About Thunderbolt ports and displays" that talks a little about that.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i run office 365 with OS X Yosemite?
- Asked by Kimberlea G from Dartmouth
- 30 Aug, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can i run office 365 with OS X Yosemite?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Whats the backward compatibility with this device? I have a Late 2015 IMac. And I am very interested in knowing what Macs can run this.
- Asked by Rafael D from Queretaro
- 18 Jul, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Whats the backward compatibility with this device? I have a Late 2015 IMac. And I am very interested in knowing what Macs can run this.)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
Can you connect this to your iPad air (Yosemite) to use with Lightroom.
- Asked by Sharon V from Hope Island
- 1 Dec, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect this to your iPad air (Yosemite) to use with Lightroom.)
- Asked about: Wacom Intuos Pro Creative PenTouch …