I'm planning on running a Yosemite partition, would Yosemite be backwards compatible with this adapter to connect to TB2 devices?
1 Answer from the Community
The only Macs with Thunderbolt 3 ports is the new MacBook Pro 2016. They came with macOS Sierra, so I don't think they'll run less than that?
There's a document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" that says Sierra is required.
I've seen it work with El Capitan and Sierra on a MacBook Pro 2015 (Thunderbolt 2 ports).
I've also seen it work with El Capitan and Sierra on a PC but those don't have full Thunderbolt 3 support in mac OS (no hot swap, devices must be plugged in before startup, no thunderbolt video, no target disk mode, no target display mode). Those are similar limitations that Windows has running BootCamp on some Macs with Thunderbolt devices.
There's a document HT204154 "About Thunderbolt ports and displays" that talks a little about that.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you connect this to your iPad air (Yosemite) to use with Lightroom.
- Asked by Sharon V from Hope Island
- 1 Dec, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect this to your iPad air (Yosemite) to use with Lightroom.)
- Asked about: Wacom Intuos Pro Creative PenTouch …
Is Airport Express compatible with my Mac Book Pro running Yosemite 10.12.6?
- Asked by James P from Plattsburg
- 28 Aug, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Airport Express compatible with my Mac Book Pro running Yosemite 10.12.6?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- 19 Jun, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter