Is there the opposite of this adapter? (So that I can turn a thunderbolt 2 port into thunderbolt 3)
1 Answer from the Community
According to the document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter":
This adapter allow Thunderbolt 3 computers to use Thunderbolt 2 devices.
It also allows Thunderbolt 2 computers to use Thunderbolt 3 devices.
You can connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 devices, or Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 3 devices. Usually you would put the faster Thunderbolt 3 device closer to the computer but that only matters if you have a Thunderbolt 3 computer and the Thunderbolt 3 device can use more than 20 Gbps. Sometimes a Thunderbolt device doesn't have two Thunderbolt ports and therefore must be placed at the end of the chain whether it's Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this only compatible with Thunderbolt 3 devices?
- Asked by Garth B from Idaho Falls
- 28 Oct, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this only compatible with Thunderbolt 3 devices?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- 18 Sep, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…