Similar questions from the community
Lg ultrafine 4K and a Mac Pro 2013 will work?
I buy it but the monitor is don't torn on, I have the thunderbolt 2 adaptor to USB c
- Asked by Iulius S from Prato
- 1 Dec, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Lg ultrafine 4K and a Mac Pro 2013 will work?)
Can LG Ultrafine 4k Display be used with a MacBook Air from 2015?
I have a new LG 4k Display that works fine with my new (USB-C) MacBook Pro. But I'd like to use it with my former MacBook Air from 2015 as well (it only has a mini-display port - no USB-C). So, 2 questions: Can I use them together and if so, what is the adapter that will connect them? Thanks.
- Asked by Jan C from Southport
- 13 Dec, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can LG Ultrafine 4k Display be used with a MacBook Air from 2015?)
Can you use Apple TV on LG UltraFine 4K Display ?
- Asked by Jayvon V from Las Vegas
- 10 Mar, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Apple TV on LG UltraFine 4K Display ?)
Is the LG UltraFine 4K display compatible with the new mac mini?
- Asked by James L from Wakefield
- 14 Nov, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the LG UltraFine 4K display compatible with the new mac mini?)
Can you daisy chain this from the LG UltraFine 5K Display?
I already own this display (the LG UltraFine 4K) and I'm thinking of additionally purchasing the 5K display for use with my 2018 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Can the 4K display be connected to one of the output USB-C ports on the 5K display, thereby daisy-chaining it? I would prefer not to connect the two displays directly to my laptop, if possible.
- Asked by Jeremy F from San Francisco
- 11 Sep, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain this from the LG UltraFine 5K Display?)
Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?
I purchased the new Blackmagic eGPU which has two Thunderbolt 3 ports and one HDMI 2.0 port. One of the Thunderbolt 3 ports runs to my MacBook Pro, and the other Thunderbolt 3 port should be able to run to the LG display no problem.
Where the question lies is is it possible to connect a USB C display such as the LG UltraFine 4K to an HDMI 2.0 output using adapters or a USB-C to HDMI cable?
- Asked by Spencer G from Langley
- 26 Jul, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?)
Can the 4k Ultrafine ‘pivot’ ? i.e. can it be used in ‘Portrait’ mode ? does the stand support pivoting 90 degrees ?
I’m thinking of a 3 external display setup (4K & 5K LG Ultrafine) arranged as follows:
One 4k display in the centre (Pivoted to Portrait) with 5K’s (Landscape) on either side.
One 5k (landscape) in the centre with 4K’s (portrait) on either side
Thanks in advance
What is the Extended Warrantee on this Monitor? It's not eligible for AppleCare. We need a 3-year guarantee, but there is no information from LG.
This is a high-end monitor that needs to work for some time to cover the initial investment. But the Apple Store only mentions a "one-year limited", which is obviously not enough. And competing manufacturers offer a lot more.
- Asked by Richard D from Santa Monica
- 14 Nov, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the Extended Warrantee on this Monitor? It's not eligible for AppleCare. We need a 3-year guarantee, but there is no information from LG.)
Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?
I'm wondering if I can drive this monitor from a USB-C-to-DisplayPort Cable.
I am looking at the upcoming Thunderbolt 3 docking stations, and all of the products announced only have 2 Thunderbolt-3 ports on them. Most have either HDMI or Displayport ports as well, though. I'm obsessive about cables/mess, and only want to have one connection running into my 2016 MacBook Pro with Touchbar.
My thinking is that I can use a USB-C-to-DisplayPort cable into the monitor from the dock, as the specs show that the Displayport on the dock can do 4K video.
1st, Will this actually work? I'm assuming it will.
2nd, Will all of the Monitor controls still work? I love how this monitor has all the brightness/color setting controlled through system preferences, and I would want this functionality to work as well.
Has anyone tested either of these things?
For reference, I am looking at the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD, and the Henge Docks Tethered Dock for MacBook Pro 2016 (Thunderbolt 3).
- Asked by James F from Rockford
- 4 Mar, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?)
Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?
The 5K version of this monitor clearly specifies that the interface is Thunderbolt 3. This one only says USB-C. But non-thunderbolt monitors don't seem to work on the iMac Pro.
- Asked by Alexandre B from Bruichladdich
- 22 Jun, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?)
Does this monitor work with windows computer as well? How do you switch if two devices are attached at the same time?
I'd like to attach both my 12-inch macbook and my windows-laptop (using the USB-C go display port adapter). Is that possible? How do I switch between the two devices if both are attached at the same time (I unterstand there are no buttons and switches on the monitor itself).