Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
I've tried connecting direct from the airport time machine to the ethernet socket on my I Mac. I keep getting, no cable connection? I've also tried direct from the modem to the airport T M, Same result. I'm running out of options and need help
- Asked by Kenneth R
- 14 Nov 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
Can I use this cable to hook up Time Capsule to my new Macbook Pro with retina display so I can get all files across?
I am waiting for my new Macbook Pro with retina display to arrive. To hook up the time capsule to restore a hard drive on my last Macbook Pro (six years old and still going strong!!) I used an ethernet cable. I am just wondering what to use now?
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
I have an 8TB G-Raid Studio drive that I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme via a thunderbolt to ethernet connector for media storage. My network is setup as follows 2TB Time Capsule --> 8 port gigabit network switch --> Airport Express x 2 & Airport Extreme. I have a buffalo linkstation connected to the TC for my work server. I wanted to use this raid drive for a media server. I have connected the raid drive to the Airport Extreme using the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet connector but can't seem to have the drive recognized on the network... How can I fix this?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- 1 Jun 2016
- Flag as inappropriate can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
USB/Ethernet cable does not allow backups. How do I backup with a cable, Not Wifi.
- Asked by Chris H from Marmong Point
- 30 Dec 2013
- Flag as inappropriate What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
Is it worth me connecting this adapter to my (unused) thunderbolt port on my current iMac to give me better speeds over my Cat6 Ethernet cable?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- 21 Jun 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Is it worth me connecting this adapter to my (unused) thunderbolt port on my current iMac to give me better speeds over my Cat6 Ethernet cable?
Will thunderbolt ethernet boost up the speed of my download movies and stream youtube videos?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 27 Dec 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Will thunderbolt ethernet boost up the speed of my download movies and stream youtube videos?
I've purchased a LaCie Thunderbolt Series to store media files and hook it up to either the USB port on a WDTV or Apple TV - what adapters can I use?
I am planning on using this in America with my ipad pro 10.5 - will this be compatible, both with the ipad and with the American connector? Thanks
How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?
firewire 800 to to thunderbolt?
- Asked by Markos A from Carss Park
- 20 Jun 2012
- Flag as inappropriate How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?
Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Both iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011) come with single gigabit ethernet port. Is this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' able to add a secondary gigabit ethernet port/connection? If so, is it able to create "teamed connection" using the onboard gigabit ethernet port and this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter'?
- Asked by Anthony C
- 14 Jan 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Full gigabit speeds?
I just got CenturyLink Gigabit service, and the fastest speeds I can get ising this adapter is around 650Mbps down/800Mbs up. The CenturyLink installer says it's a limitation of my hardware, and that only fairly new machines will actually get the full 1000Mbs / 1000Mbs speeds. Mid-2012 MBP Retina, which has no ethernet so I'm using this adapter. Does anyone know if there are limits in the adapter, older Macs, or...? If I get a new MBP but it turns out it's the adapter that is chocking things, then I won't see any benefit on that front.
- Asked by Allen M from Bellingham
- 25 May 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Full gigabit speeds?
No answers yet
can 2 Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters be used for extending a thunderbolt connection
i have a late 2013 intel imac with a trashed screen. thanks to OWC's sub standard adhesive strips for the screen, mine fell out and its trashed. thankfully the motherboard connections are ok. i bought a thunderbolt display because i cant source an in stock replacement display panel. my table will not accommodate two 27" displays. i was wondering if anyone has tired using 2 of these with a cat 5 ethernet cable between them to basically make a long thunderbolt cable. considering the cost of a 10 meter fiber thunderbolt cable and their miserable longevity, it would be awesome if you could use 2 of these to accomplish the same thing. I would like to move my imac about 15' away and use this cable to connect to my thunderbolt display from the imac. anyone tried to use 2 of these for a purpose like that ?
- Asked by Joe H from Cocoa
- 16 Dec 2018
- Flag as inappropriate can 2 Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters be used for extending a thunderbolt connection