Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I successfully hook up a Canopus ADVC110 firewire out to Thunderbolt port on new iMac with this cable?
I am attempting to transfer data from a VCR to iMovie on my mac.
- Asked by Robert R from Redington Shores
- 21 Sep, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I successfully hook up a Canopus ADVC110 firewire out to Thunderbolt port on new iMac with this cable?)
How is possible to connect a new Thunderbolt 3 port to an old Firewire 400 port?
I' have a new MacBook and must to connect an old audio board MOTU ultralite have only 2 audioWire female ports (with standard FireWire 1694- 400)
It's possibile to use the new thunderbolt 3 port? Downgrade of transfer rate is supported?
If it's possible, please, where i can found an adpater cable?
- Asked by Arnaldo P from Cagliari
- 20 May, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How is possible to connect a new Thunderbolt 3 port to an old Firewire 400 port?)
Thunderbolt adapter to 800 firewire which has a 400 firewire adapter attached to 400 firewire external drive. Can I mount the 400 fw external drive?
Is the Thunderbolt port two-way in receiving as well as sending data? I have a new IMac with 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) and want to know if the Thunderbolt port is capable of mounting external drives?
- Asked by Jan N from Churchville
- 27 Jul, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt adapter to 800 firewire which has a 400 firewire adapter attached to 400 firewire external drive. Can I mount the 400 fw external drive?)
How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?
I've just bought a Thunderbolt external drive to use with my iMac 2007. The only connection that comes with the drive is a Thunderbolt cable. How do I connect the drive to the Mac? is there a Thunderbolt to Firewire or to USB connector?
- Asked by Stephen M
- 14 Jul, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?)
Can I connect a tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire connection for daw control, can I plug the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt
Basically can I connect my tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire port for daw control using my FireWire cable out of the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt then thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adaptor into a thunderbolt 3 port on a new 15” 2018 MacBook Pro.
Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.
I am getting a new IMac 27" with fusion drive. I would like to transfer my files from my Late 2009 27" iMac. Can I use the firewire to thunderbolt adapter for this purpose?
- Asked by Jose O from Coral Gables
- 5 Dec, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.)
How can I connect an early 2008 MBP with 400/800 Firewire ports to a new ultrawide monitor with only a Thunderbolt and/or Displayport available.
Have another laptop using the HDMI to HDMI on monitor, so need to plug cable into Firewire 400 or 800 in older MBP to either Thunderbolt or Displayport on Monitor, specifically the LG UM95 34UM95 34-Inch Screen.
Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?
I would like to buy the new Imac 2014 and since that no longer has the firewire port I would use this adapter Thunderbolt to FireWire to connect my lab equipment, but I'll use the Bootcamp partition probably will mount windows 7 professional.
the adapter will work correctly in windows 7?
let me know
Thanks in advance to all
- Asked by Marco G from Lecco
- 11 Jul, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?)
can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?
I only have lightening style headphone (no bluetooth time/wireless, can I use the firewire / lightening adapter to listen to music through my lightening earphones. is there any combonation of cables that will allow me to use lightening cabled earphones to listen to music on my mac book pro build 2016?
- Asked by Janice L from Lacey
- 12 Feb, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?)
With the use of the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, can I attach a FireWire drive, or even a FireWire chain of drives, to a Thundebolt drive?
I have an existing chain of two FireWire hard drives, currently attached directly to the FireWire port of an iMac. And I want to add a Thunderbolt drive soon, too, using the Thunderbolt port. But the newest iMacs don't have any FireWire port. So I want to be able to use both types of drive with the newest, and presumably future, Macs.
- Asked by Murray E from Amherst
- 24 Oct, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (With the use of the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, can I attach a FireWire drive, or even a FireWire chain of drives, to a Thundebolt drive?)
"firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?
So how do I connect a Thunderbolt drive to a Firewire port?
- Asked by Edmund B F from Houston
- 14 Jan, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate ("firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?)
No answers yet
Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?
I have some older Firewire800 drives that I use with my late 2009 iMac, and have purchased the new MacBook Pro 2016 13" w/ touch bar. Will this work on its own or do I need something else?
- Asked by Robin N from Jacksonville
- 3 Nov, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?)
firewire 800 to thunderbolt port or firewire daisy chain?
I have a Mac Mini (mid 2011) with one firewire 800 and one thunderbolt port. I have 2 G-tech firewire 800 Raid drives.
Should I connect the second drive via a thunderbolt to firewire adapter or a firewire daisy chain with a second AC cord?
Thanks for your help! LK
- Asked by Lisa K from Bronx
- 17 Jun, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (firewire 800 to thunderbolt port or firewire daisy chain?)
External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???
Sounds like from the good information on this forum that this adaptor cannot connect an external Thunderbolt drive to an older Firewire Mac.
Given this, does anyone know of an adaptor that will allow one to do this?
This would obviously be useful to those of us with a new iMac in one location and older macs in another where we would like to transfer data between the two using an external Thunderbolt drive.
- Asked by Tom W from Salt Lake City
- 25 Jul, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???)
Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?
I have an iMac 27 inch (mid 2011) with two thunderbolt slots. (1) Can i connect my WD "My Passport" external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor; (2) Will that quicken the pace of data transfer (for backup, time-machine etc.)? (3) Am also planning on upgrading to a new iMac in a few months (when the new iMacs are announced), so will I be able to transfer all my data from my old iMac quicker using a thunderbolt connection from my external drive? Thanks kindly for any assistance.
- Asked by Ilan K from Toronto
- 1 Feb, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?)
Can I use this device to download data from an old digital camera with a FireWire port to a new PC laptop with a thunderbolt port?
I have an old CANON GL2 digital video camera which has a Firewire port used to down load video. I have a new PC laptop computer that came with a thunderbolt port but no firewire port so I now have no way to download my videos to my computer for editing. Can I download video from the camera to the new PC laptop using the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter?
Thank you very much.
Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?
Is there a limit to how many Firewire drives I can daisy chain off one Thunderbolt port? I have about 7 units
- Asked by Calvin H from Glendale
- 1 Aug, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?)
Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?
- Asked by Michael M from Arcadia
- 4 Jan, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?)
Is this what I need to connect from an iMac mid 2010 to a new iMac late 2015 both running the same OS.
The iMac 27 mid2010 has a Fire wire port (Female)
The iMac 27 Late 2015 has a Thunderbolt connection
I have a Thunderbolt male to male cable
Is this adaptor what I need to accomplish the transfer of all data from iMac 2010 to iMac 2015
Thanks for any and all help.