Similar questions from the community
Can I use this to watch iPlayer when I am in Spain on a LG tv
Can I use this lightening adapter with my iPad/iPhone to watch iplayer etc on my LG smart TV when I am in Spain or staying in hotels abroad on tv’s with hdmi connections?
- Asked by Rex C
- 8 May 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to watch iPlayer when I am in Spain on a LG tv)
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- 23 Nov 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
can you stream live tv (Sling Box) through the cord?
I use the Sling Box app on my iPhone 6 to watch live sports. i would like to use this cord, to transfer the image onto my Jeep screen, which has an HDMI input for this cord.
- Asked by Michael D from West Chester
- 1 Oct 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can you stream live tv (Sling Box) through the cord?)
When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by Darren K from Lexington
- 16 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 19 Jan 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- 10 Feb 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
Will this work with the app TV Catchup?
I have an app called TV Catchup on my iPhone 5, would I be able to watch this using the lead on my TV in my bedroom?
- Asked by Dean W
- 13 Sep 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the app TV Catchup?)
No answers yet
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Is there a lightning splitter to allow charging of an iPhone while using an external microphone that only draws power from the lightning connect?
- Asked by Thomas N from Golden Valley
- 27 Jun 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a lightning splitter to allow charging of an iPhone while using an external microphone that only draws power from the lightning connect?)
Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?
My Hyundai car was shipped with a 30 pin adapter for iPhone 4/4S, witch connects to the panel through both a USB and a P2 audio cable. Using this 30 Pin to Lightning adapter, can I charge and listen to music with my iPad Air 2 in the car sound system? Also, can I use it to charge the iPad with the iPhone 4 cable and power outlet connector?
- Asked by João Paulo R from Sorocaba
- 6 Nov 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)
can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?
- Asked by Kum-kum B from Santa Barbara
- 22 Jul 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?)
is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?
- Asked by Gary Y from Crystal Springs
- 5 Mar 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?)
Lightning adapter with typeC converter could be used in new generation iDevices?
As many of us here owned more than one lightning adapter which we normally use with our iPhone X or iPad Pro 10.5 inch here; however, all the new iPad Pro models and even upcoming new iPhone XI would be came with type C plug instead of lightning then, so my question is can I connect my lightning adapter with typeC converter to use the new gun iDevices....?
- Asked by Io Kong C from Lynnwood
- 2 Feb 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning adapter with typeC converter could be used in new generation iDevices?)
Does the lightning port in this support USB C PD power delivery?
Am looking to order an Anker 30W 12v car USB C PD charger (search Amazon for Anker 42W PowerDrive Speed+ Duo, 2 Port USB Car Charger since I can’t seem to add URLs to this). This will be to fast charge my iPhone XS Max with the smart battery case.
Since the lightning digital AV adapter lightning port seems to be power only (can’t connect headphones etc), will there be any problem with the lightning power input being PD? Works fine with a regular slow USB to lightning, but since there’s only the one wire from the adapter to the iPhone, I didn’t know if there was any issues with the higher wattage power input with it being USB C PD and possibly affecting the HDMI signal or not being able to pass through the higher wattage power.
Just wish this accessory had an option in the iPhone itself to recognize the AV adapter and allow us to choose mirror or just have the HDMI output what you choose. ie have the phone show a movie through the TV app through HDMI but still be able to use the phone for other purposes such as safari or maps.. but that’s another story and up to Apple devs to take care of.
- Asked by Kevin C from Charlotte
- 22 Jul 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightning port in this support USB C PD power delivery?)
Does it work with an iPhone with IOS 8
I've seen lots of reviews that say it doesn't work well with IOS 8 but I just wanted to see if it has started to work better with the minor updates to IOS 8 like IOS 8.1.3. If there's anyone who still uses one with an iPhone and has IOS 8 could u plz just tell me how it is, Thx. (Also specifically iPhone 5c)
- Asked by Connor W
- 30 Jan 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an iPhone with IOS 8)
Will the Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirror skype from my iPhone 5 onto my HD telly? I want to use my phone as the webcam to view skype on my telly.