Similar questions from the community
Why is the price so absurdly high?
- Asked by Neal J
- 11 Apr 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Why is the price so absurdly high?
No answers yet
Can the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor be used to connect to and upload movies and high resolution audio from an external Blu Ray burner/player?
- Asked by John J from Jackson
- 12 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor be used to connect to and upload movies and high resolution audio from an external Blu Ray burner/player?
Can this be used to send audio signal from Apple devices to an HDMI equipped DAC? What are max bit and sample rates? #Audiophile
High resolution audio from Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- Asked by Greg F from Canmore
- 24 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can this be used to send audio signal from Apple devices to an HDMI equipped DAC? What are max bit and sample rates? #Audiophile
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
I have an iphone with a defect display so i need to see the iphone screen on the monitor. If the monitor has usb ports I would like to connect a keyboard to the usb ports of the monitor to unlock the iphone. Is this possible?
How long is the cord, I needed a longer cord so I can watch my tv
- Asked by Elaine M from Bethlehem
- 18 May 2018
- Flag as inappropriate How long is the cord, I needed a longer cord so I can watch my tv
To use this device is an app required?
The knock off devices (supposedly Apple certified) require an app which doesn’t make sense. They are much cheaper but my security is worth a lot more than the difference in price!
- Asked by Peter M from Royal Oak
- 28 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate To use this device is an app required?
No answers yet
What format does it output? 1080p30, 1080p60, 1080i30, 1080i60 and so on?
It's impossible to find any information in what format this adapter outputs! Don't say it's 1080 or 720. More detailed information is needed like 1080p30, 1080p60, 1080i30, 1080i60, etc
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 17 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate What format does it output? 1080p30, 1080p60, 1080i30, 1080i60 and so on?
is an app required to use this adapter?
I have purchased two different 3rd party adapters that use Drong Cast, which doesn’t keep up with iOS updates. If the Apple brand adapter doesn’t use an app, then it’s clearly worth the price difference, but that I can’t find the answer on here is bothersome.
- Asked by Kristy L from Tillamook
- 13 Feb 2020
- Flag as inappropriate is an app required to use this adapter?
Will AV adapter's USB C port work with a standard USB hub (with a USB C adaptor of course) so I can plug in standard USB devices, card reader...etc
As above. Would hope to have multiple usage for this adapter. Such as plugging in a card reader or usb hub to use a mouse, usb flash drive...etc (ala camera adapter)
- Asked by Gareth S from Singapore
- 1 Apr 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Will AV adapter's USB C port work with a standard USB hub (with a USB C adaptor of course) so I can plug in standard USB devices, card reader...etc
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
- Asked by Robert A from Ashland
- 14 Dec 2017
- Flag as inappropriate For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?
Community has had so many contradicting answers abt if can watch Netflix, Hulu and many others, am just trying to find out if the apple hdmi adapter is actually compatible with hdcp copyrighted contrnt
- Asked by Patrick H from Meyersdale
- 19 Dec 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- 26 Aug 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
I have this adapter and an iPad Pro. When using it to connect my 1080p monitor it shows "1080p" resolution but there are black bars left and right. So the optimal monitor would have to be 4:3 (as the iPad) but since the black bars are embedded into the image it would also have to crop them. Any suggestion for a monitor that can do this?
- Asked by Christian T
- 5 Aug 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
Lightning adapter with typeC converter could be used in new generation iDevices?
As many of us here owned more than one lightning adapter which we normally use with our iPhone X or iPad Pro 10.5 inch here; however, all the new iPad Pro models and even upcoming new iPhone XI would be came with type C plug instead of lightning then, so my question is can I connect my lightning adapter with typeC converter to use the new gun iDevices....?
- Asked by Io Kong C from Lynnwood
- 2 Feb 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Lightning adapter with typeC converter could be used in new generation iDevices?
Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?
Hi I have a lg 4K ultra hdtv can I watch to show I bought on iTunes with the Lightning digital AV adapter and also can I play games on my iPhone 6s to go through to the tv so it's a bigger screen ? Your help would be much appreciated.
- Asked by Zoe - Ann D
- 10 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not. I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
Would a lightning digital AV adapter give more reliable streaming and stop the drop outs I get when streaming from iPad via AppleTV?
I am watching streamed programs from App installed on my iPad - which have the Apple TV option in the app - so am selecting Apple TV in the app. (not selecting mirroring)... but get regular drop outs, every few minutes, for several seconds. No problem if I watch/listen to the app on the iPad using headphones . Is it the wifi quality???
- Asked by Ellen B from Ainslie
- 20 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Would a lightning digital AV adapter give more reliable streaming and stop the drop outs I get when streaming from iPad via AppleTV?
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor. However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video. It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format. Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format. (I don't use any copy-protected video) So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port? Thanks,
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 16 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate What color format does it output through HDMI?
No answers yet
Will this adapter work with CBS All Access?
I am having trouble with my adapter. I cannot get it to work reliably with CBS All Access. it connects and I can see the menu but when I watch a show I get a black screen with audio no video on either the tv or the phone. when I touch the iPhone screen controls show up on both the iPhone and the tv. It works on live TV however. If I plug and unplug the cord while changing back and forth between live and downloaded I can sometimes get it to work.. I have an iPhone 8 with the current software. It use to work great only had problems in the last few months or so. There have been many updates on both sides since then. Any help or ideas?
- Asked by Raymond M from Flower Mound
- 15 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will this adapter work with CBS All Access?
No answers yet